Latest News & Events
- Subscribe to our RSS feed
- PENG committee would like to hear your thoughts on research and audit and how best to support. Closing date of 30th June. Please follow the link https://surveys.qmu.ac.uk/peng
- 5 year Nutritional Screening Week UK and country specific data launched... Read more on the BAPEN website
- Take action today with the new Malnutrition Matters: Commitment to Act Guide... Read more on the BAPEN website
- Revealing patient insight published in new report – Nutritional Care and the Patient Voice: Are we being listened to?... Read more on the BAPEN website
- East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust has worked in collaboration with Health Innovations to produce a Red Mat which stays on the tables... read more
- e-PENlines is due out on the following dates in 2014 – so the deadline for text will be 10days beforehand: 19th Feb, 19th April, 18th July, 18th Nov
- Managing Adult Malnutrition in the Community Launches Award Scheme to Encourage Sharing of Best Practice. Please click here to find out more and if you would like to apply
- Nutrition & Hydration Week 2014 (17-23 March 2014) will see nationwide action to raise awareness of the vital importance of good nutrition and hydration. Read more...
- For the latest information about the successful nutritionDay 2013 please click here for the December newsletter
- More news
Welcome to the PENG website
The world’s first Dietitians Week (9-13 June 2014) is led by the BDA will be full of activities and events that highlight the value of dietitians and their work www.dietitiansweek.com
East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust has worked in collaboration with Health Innovations to produce a Red Mat which stays on the tables of those patients who are at risk of malnutrition or dehydration, to remind staff and inform relatives not to remove any food or drink without informing nursing staff. At present most Trusts use Red Trays, but these are only there during mealtimes, whilst these mats are there 24 hours per day.
Attention Members – Don’t forget to sign up to access the all new e-PENLines!
Login to the members' section and sign up to receive your PENG e-newsletter.
Don't forget to apply now for the PENG Clinical Update Course if you would like to participate in the 2014 course - some places are still available - so book now!
PENG Educational Officer Update by Carole-Anne Fleming
PENG in association with Abbott Nutrition, Fresenius Kabi and Nutricia would like to congratulate Ann Ashworth, Lucy Bartkowiak, Toril Ofstad and Rhys White (pictured from left to right) the winners of the PENG award 2013. Each winner will receive a £500 supportive educational grant which will allow then to attend this year's BAPEN's 21st Conference or another relevant educational conference/study day. Reports of how each winner has used their grant will appear in e- PENlines next year.
The FOUR winning abstracts that were submitted were:
An investigation into food and fluid provision and consumption in a Scottish rehabilitation hospital for older adults. By T.W.K. Ofstad, E. Bannerman, H.I.M. Davidson and J. Jones, Queen Margaret University, Queen Margaret University Drive, Musselburgh, East Lothian EH21 6UU, UK
A retrospective study investigating the impact of radical radiotherapy on the nutritional status of patients with lung cancer. By R. White and E. Palmgren, Department of Nutrition and Dietetics, Guys and St Thomas’s NHS Foundation Trust, London SE1 9RT, UK
Dietary nitrate – an unrecognized nutrient? By A. Ashworth, S.J. Bailey, G.M. Hayward, F. DiMenna, A. Vanhatalo, A.M. Jones, Sport and Health Sciences, College of Life and Environmental Sciences, University of Exeter, Heavitree Road, Exeter, EX1 2 LU, UK
Evaluation of food record charts used within the hospital setting to estimate energy and protein intakes. By L. Bartkowiak, J. Jones and E. Bannerman, Queen Margaret University, Queen Margaret University Drive, Musselburgh, East Lothian, EH21 6UU, UK.
Please answer our new poll question in the members' section
This site is designed to provide healthcare professionals, dietitians and those with an interest in Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition (PEN) with a comprehensive guide to the latest information from around the world. In addition to giving you access to the latest abstracts from PENG meetings, we have a growing directory of useful sites around the world.
Dietetic Outcome Measures
More information for PENG members coming soon on how you can get involved - www.bda.uk.com