Virtual Dietitians in HPN Group UK
The Virtual Dietitians in HPN Group is an e-mail and web-based forum for discussions about any aspects of home parenteral feeding, including (among other interesting topics):
- Monitoring patients on HPN
- Dietetic issues
- Management of a high output stoma or fistula
- Models of service
- Commissioning issues including HIFNET and the HPN Framework
- Outcome measures
The group is hosted on LinkedIn and is managed by the Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition Group (PENG) a BDA specialist group. However you do not need to be a member of PENG to join the group. The group is open to any dietitian who is involved in caring for patients receiving HPN.
To join the group, please follow the instructions below. Please remember you need to register for a LinkedIn account before you can join the Virtual Dietitians in HPN Group UK.
Instructions to join the Virtual Dietitians in HPN Group UK
YOU NEED TO HAVE A LINKEDIN ACCOUNT BEFORE YOU CAN JOIN
- If you do not already have a LinkedIn account, register for one at https://uk.linkedin.com/ Create a new account by inserting your name and email address. Make a note of your email address and password, as you will need this to join the Dietitians in HPN Group UK.
- Once registered, search for "Dietitians in HPN Group UK"
- The Virtual Dietitians in HPN Group UK Clinical Lead will check the applicant works with patients on HPN and accept the request to join.
- You should now have access to the Virtual Dietitians in HPN Group UK. Check you can view the previous conversations as individual messages or threads. If there are any problems e-mail the PENG PN Clinical Lead at email@example.com